Equine Analytical Chemistry
The Equine Analytical Chemistry Laboratory (EACL) is located in the
Kenneth L. Maddy Laboratory on the UC Davis Campus.
The mission of the EACL is two-fold:
1. To provide a drug testing program with the highest quality standards, employing the most innovative methodology and newest analytical technology, in order to ensure the integrity of horse racing
2. To expand and disseminate new information regarding therapeutic medications in order to improve the welfare of California performance horses.
In addition to performing drug testing on samples submitted from California’s racetracks, the EACL accepts submissions from other private and institutional clients.
CAHFS-EACL Submission Policies:
- Preliminary results will be faxed within 10 working days of receipt of sample.
- Confirmatory results, if required, may incur additional fees and require your approval.
- Confirmation results will be reported within 30 working days after approval is provided.
- Under no circumstances is EACL testing to be used to provide certification of a product or certify the health status of an animal.
- Invoices for testing performed by EACL will be provided USPS mail; payment is due within 30 days of invoice date.
CAHFS-EACL Tests and Fees:
|Test||Section||In-State Fee*||Out-of-State Fee**|
|Anabolic Steroid Pre-Race Testing||Chemistry||$150||$250|
|Anabolic Steroids - Sales Testing||Chemistry||$250||$250|
|Hourly Consulting Fee- Legal||Chemistry||$350||$350|
|Hourly Consulting Fee- Non-Legal||Chemistry||$250||$250|
|Nutritional Supplement Testing||Pharmacology||$250||$250|
|Performance Horse Testing||Chemistry||$175||$175|
|Pre-Purchase Drug Screen||Chemistry||$150||$175|
|Split Sample Analysis- Urine Only||Chemistry||n/a||$1,250|
|Split Sample Analysis- Blood Only||Chemistry||n/a||$500|
|TCO2 Split Sample Analysis||Chemistry||n/a||$200|
|TOBA Protocol Testing- Blood & Urine||Chemistry||$250||$325|
*Submitter is located in California. **Submitter is located in any state other than California or anywhere outside the U.S.
Please print the Equine Chemistry/Pharmacology Submission Form and ship with your submission to:
CAHFS Equine Analytical Chemistry Laboratory
University of California, Davis
620 W. Health Sciences Dr
Davis, CA 95616
For specific questions regarding Chemistry Section submissions, please contact Dr. Scott Stanley, firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-752-8700.
For specific questions regarding Pharmacology Section submissions, please contact Dr. Heather Knych, email@example.com or 530-752-8700.