Equine Analytical Chemistry
The Equine Analytical Chemistry Laboratory (EACL) is located in the
Kenneth L. Maddy Laboratory on the UC Davis Campus.
The mission of the EACL is two-fold:
1. To provide a drug testing program with the highest quality standards, employing the most innovative methodology and newest analytical technology, in order to ensure the integrity of horse racing
2. To expand and disseminate new information regarding therapeutic medications in order to improve the welfare of California performance horses.
In addition to performing drug testing on samples submitted from California’s racetracks, the EACL accepts submissions from other private and institutional clients.
CAHFS-EACL Submission Policies:
- Preliminary results will be faxed within 10 working days of receipt of sample.
- Confirmatory results, if required, may incur additional fees and require your verbal or written approval.
- Confirmation results will be reported within 20 working days after approval is provided.
- Under no circumstances is EACL testing to be used to provide certification of a product or certify the health status of an animal.
Invoices for testing performed by EACL will be provided USPS mail; payment is due within 30 days of invoice date. Please contact Dr. Scott Stanley with questions regarding submission, including tests offered and fees: email@example.com or 530-752-8700.
Please print this page and ship with your submission to:
CAHFS Equine Analytical Chemistry Laboratory
University of California, Davis
W. Health Sciences Dr
Davis, CA 95616